Thursday, June 13, 2013

Not Enough Hours

The past couple of days have been extremely busy! Monday was both jobs and my workouts, Tuesday was jury duty over an hour away from my apartment, and yesterday I was crazy busy trying to catch up at work and ridiculously tired from jury duty.

Tuesday was pretty much useless. I just gave up on trying to work out. I had to be up, showered, and out the door at about 7 am to make it to jury duty by 8:30 am. And then I was the 3rd to last potential juror of the day called. I didn't get called until 3:45 or so, and after a tirade of questions I was excused at about 4:30. Cue the over an hour drive home and this girl sat for 10-11 hours straight causing knee pain to return quite forcefully. I mean, I usually sit a lot at work but get up every 15 minutes or so to grab a piece of paper or do something. This was just solid sitting with a lunch break and only 2 five-ten minute breaks. Ugh!
Between Monday's long day and Tuesday's long and boring day, I was absolutely exhausted yesterday. Much like the picture above. Not to mention I had so much to catch up on from my missed day. I apologize for the short hiatus, but I really couldn't bring myself to do much more than was necessary yesterday. I went straight home from work and slept until my much needed physical therapy appointment, and after that I was kind-of a vegetable just zoning out till bedtime. My PT guy agreed that the knee pain was most likely from sitting so much lately. We altered a couple of my exercises and it's feeling better today, thankfully.
Yesterday's workout (besides my PT) was an easy 3 miles. I was pretty pleased with what my easy pace was. I tried to run by feel where I could breathe deep but was a little huffy-puffy. A 9:25 pace is about where I was before track and my whole knee issue started, so I'm almost back to square one (Which is a good thing in this case!)

Today's run was some speed work. Apparently I'm not the best at counting in the morning, because when I was figuring out what to do for my intervals, I thought I'd have a half mile warm up, half mile cool down, and 1.5 miles of intervals for a total of 2.5 miles. Three miles later I was very confused. Oh well, it helps make up for Tuesday's missed workout!
My legs felt sooooooo heavy for this run. And it shows. My recovery pace is usually a minute and a half faster, and I was doing my fast sections slower than I usually run my half mile sprints. The effort level was there, but I'm not too pleased with this workout. I'm all out of whack today and just hoping I make it to the end of the day without any major issues. I've already endured several paper cuts.

The rest of today holds job 1, job 2, and then sleep.

Have you ever had jury duty? Were you picked or dismissed?
What's your "happy pace," or the pace you usually go for kickass runs?

Safe and happy running!

4 comments:

  1. Poor you - Jury Duty? BLAH! I've been called 2 times. The first, I got out of due to company obligations. The second, for whatever reason we were all excused after waiting for about an hour.
    You got a good workout in. My legs always seem heavy for the first 2 to 3 miles then I kind of get into it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's cool that you got out of it both times :) and my legs usually feel better after about a mile or so, but today was just stinky!!

      Delete
  2. I'm not going to comment on jury duty so that I don't jinx myself!

    I wish I had enough running behind me to even have a "happy pace". Back when I was better at this, however, it was ~8:30 for 3 miles and I just always felt awesome after that! Now I'm lucky if I can keep 10:00 for 2 miles! Great job getting that run in!

    PS - What do you use to track your runs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha good call on the jury duty! You will get back there with running :) a 10 minute mile is still really good. That's what I was at for a loooong time. I was actually a lot slower than that for a long time too!
      I just got a garmin forerunner 210, but I used my phone and an app called Endomondo for the first two years of my running.

      Delete