Friday, June 14, 2013

It's All For Buttery Popcorn...

I could not get out of bed today for some reason!! I kept mentally telling myself to but my body just did not want to hear it. So I slept in the extra hour or so I usually use for my morning cardio. Bad idea. I always end up feeling more tired throughout the day if I stay in bed than if I drag my butt out and get something done.
Apparently I'm not the only one who doesn't like to wake up. This is my baby kitten Ollie (we call him Smalls cuz hes just a baby :p) stretching his way out from under the bed. I love him. Okay, enough about my cats!
I did make it to the gym to lift during my lunch break and came back to the office to this wonderful garden salad :) I also want to throw a shout out to my friend Jessica who started doing the New Rules of Lifting for Women with me at the very beginning of the summer. I honestly expected her to quit once life got in the way (most of my workout buddies come and go... mostly go), but she is still with me and lifting strong! She is much more confident in the gym and has mentioned how much stronger and energetic she feels! Another shout out to my friend Heather who is truly impressing me with her commitment to her new lifestyle of exercise and healthy eating. She, too, is reaping the benefits of an active life and has astounded me with how committed she is! :)

Later today I plan to do some cardio (probably elliptical; I haven't done it in ages). Then my friend Deirdre and I are going to catch up a bit and go watch The Great Gatsby. The movies are definitely motivation for me to get my workouts in. I absolutely love popcorn soaked in greasy butter. Sometimes I go to the movies just for the popcorn. Oh, and the cherry slushies (which are now free refills!!!). But enough about my indulgence later... I'm making myself crave it!

So tell me, what do you say to yourself to get yourself to work out when you REEEALLY don't want to?
Do you have any food that completely negates your workout, but you engorge in it anyway?

Safe and happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment