Wednesday, June 19, 2013

COS, here I come!

This morning's run was really nice once I dragged my butt out of bed. I saw another runner at the beginning and after about .4 miles we met up and ran for a couple minute before he veered off onto another road. It was really cool because I've never seen another runner out in the morning, especially at 6:05 am! The road was covered in snails, and the way the sun hit the pavement you could see all their little slimy trails and where they'd been. It was poetic, if you think about it... They mostly went in circles, haha. I also passed a couple roadkill that smelled wonderful (vomit). Annnnd saw a biker around 6:30. People are getting more active in the morning!!
Tried for negative splits, and definitely got them! :) it was a wonderful run with the sun and a brisk temperature of about 50 that actually felt refreshing.

I also had my doctor's appointment follow up today. They bent and swiveled and poked and prodded and decided I don't need to come back unless I'm having issues! Doc's orders are to finish out my physical therapy appointments and once my formal PT is done, after about 6 weeks of at home PT I can start phasing out the annoying beastly brace! :) Very excited for my prognosis.
But that's not the only reason I'm excited!! On July 30, 2013 I will depart my beloved homeland and cruise the skies to Colorado Springs! I finally bought my ticket. Now all that's left is to register for the Beulah Half Marathon :) How embarrassing would it be to go to Colorado and not even have registered for the race I want to do!! I'm going to wait until Friday's paycheck to register for the race... Unless I get even more nervous about the trip and register today (could very well happen...)

This will be my first flight ever, and I could just about vomit from nerves and excitement.

So, have you ever been on a plane? How was your experience?
Any recommendations of things to do or bring? Things NOT to do or bring?!

Safe and happy running!

2 comments:

  1. I have a friend that has travelled to races before... One of the things she said was to make sure that you have your race day gear (shoes, shorts, etc) on your carry-on just to be on the safe side.

    Double check the security restrictions for the airport - still think that the 3 oz liquid restriction is still in place for carry ons.

    As I come up with more things I will let you know!

    Thanks for posting!

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a wonderful suggestion! I will keep it in mind. :)

      Delete