Monday, June 10, 2013

Monday Means Hills

Yesterday was a wonderful rest day. I spent the day with the fiance's family for our nephew's and niece's baptism party. Most of the day was spent outside in the beautiful sunny weather, and I definitely got some color (aka burnt). The evening was spent snuggled on the couch watching movies. Perfection for a rest day!

However, this morning I'm back to the daily grind. First up: hills. Did my best to be out the door by 6 am and missed it by only a couple of minutes. I arrived at the trail at 6:17 am and set off to do some trails. I was very pleased with this trail run. I just got into a groove and pushed it, because I absolutely loved the feeling of pushing it on Saturday's long run. I wanted another tough workout to make me feel invincible!
And push it, I did. I didn't even realize that I ran the first mile in under 9 minutes. Granted the first mile was much less hilly than the second two, it was also on grass which is a lot spongier and difficult to really push off from. Once I got into miles 2 and 3 came the real hills and harder packed dirt with some mud here and there. As you can see by the elevation gain for mile 2, I definitely hit more hills! Up 117 ft only down 15! The others were more up and down.

The rest of the day holds work at the College, or Job #1, and then straight to Dick's Sporting Goods, or Job #2. I hope to get some lifting in during my lunch break for Job #1, and then as soon as I get home from both jobs I am passing out! I'm getting tired just thinking about all I have to do today. It will be nice to be making more money, and I'm still really glad I got up early for my run, but it is definitely a coffee kind of day.
What physical activity are you proud of lately?
How do you deal with life when your schedule gets hectic?
What would your perfect rest day consist of?

Safe and happy running!

2 comments:

  1. What physical activity are you proud of lately? My 10k Last Saturday was almost 3 minutes per mile faster than the same race 1 year ago.

    How do you deal with life when your schedule gets hectic? I make a point of figuring out when I can get my run in and plan my day around that...

    What would your perfect rest day consist of? Massage on the beach and a cold drink :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a wonderful accomplishment! And our 'crazy' days are quite similar. I'd really like to spend some time with my butt in the sand too :)

      Delete