Friday, November 8, 2013

Ready, Set, Nap.

Today was my first run with Ziggy, the big lug of a dog living with us now :) I decided we'd try a mile and see what happened. It went quite well. Because he was running, he didn't take too much time to stop and sniff things. There were only a handful of times where I had to stop and make him sit so he could regain his focus. Mainly, those times were when we passed the strip where the fish market and pizza place were. I couldn't blame him, it was tempting for me to stop too! Yum!

However, when we got to about 8 tenths of a mile, he started to slow. I nearly dragged him the last 0.2 because he was getting tired. When we got back to the apartment, he was oh so ready to go back inside.
And here, we have Ziggy completely passed out after our one 11 plus minute mile. Hahaha he will have to up his endurance and speed if he wants to run with the humans! :p My goal is to get to 2-3 miles with him almost daily.
As you can see by the red circle, Ziggy and I went for a leisurely trot. The green circles are the miles I went back out and did after I dropped Ziggy off. I know it's yucky and starting to snow, and I don't like that aspect, but I do like the crisp, 30 degree temperature to run in. It feels so good to get outside in the brisk air. Really makes your lungs feel clean and renewed. Plus, it keeps you moving! If you stop, you start to get chilled to the bone :p

I guess that's all for today. I'm having a lazy Friday for now because the cable guy is coming early afternoon, I meet with the photographer to sign the contract at 3 and then dinner with a friend I haven't seen in FOREVER at 6 :) Until then, I'm going to plant myself on the couch, snuggle up with a good book and enjoy myself.

What do you do when you have a moment of free time?
Do you ever run with an animal? How does it go?
What's your favorite temperature to run in?

Safe and happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment